Join Our Team
Current Job Opportunities:
We are currently accepting Volunteer Applications. Our after hours advocate position is currently full, but we are happy to review applications depending on our need. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Circle Weekend After Hours Advocate
Must be available for hotline and in-person advocacy Friday –Monday. Starting Time on Friday can range from 4:30pm – 6:00pm, and Ending time can range from 7:00am – 8:30am.
Provide crisis intervention, immediate support, information, referral, and safety planning to victims/survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. This includes responding to hotline calls, addressing shelter needs, meeting in-person to assist someone file for a temporary Relief from Abuse Order (TRO), and supporting individuals at the local hospital.
Temporary Relief from Abuse Orders (TROs): This requires an understanding of court processes. After-hour TROs are filed at the Montpelier Police Station or Barre City Police Station.
Shelter: Provide supports for shelter residents and respond to light maintenance issues (for example, a smoke alarm is going off).
Hospital: Provide in-person supports to individuals at the central VT hospital, occasionally helping to file for a TRO from this location.
This position does require some travel, so you must have a valid license and running vehicle. It is also required that you are within 30 minutes of either Barre or Montpelier during your shift.
This is a part-time exempt position which provides a stipend, hourly rate, and mileage reimbursement. This position does not qualify for medical benefits or paid time off. Because this is a part-time position, regular attendance at staff meetings, and other related task force meetings, is not required. Reports to and receives supervision from the Co-Directors.
- Provide advocacy and support for victims/survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking
- Identify community resources and make appropriate referrals for needed services, provide information, options, and support
- Maintain strict confidentiality concerning all clients
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and respectfully with people of all socioeconomic, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
- Basic understanding of the systems and processes which victims/survivors of domestic violence are involved with
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and respect group decisions.
- Active listening skills
- Valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle
Please send us a resume and cover letter to email@example.com