Join Our Team
Current Job Opportunities:
We are currently hiring for Weekend Hotline Advocates & hosting a Volunteer Training coming up starting March 11th! Visit here for more information, or contact us at email@example.com for more information!
Circle Weekend After Hours Advocate
Must be available for hotline and in-person advocacy Friday –Monday. Starting Time on Friday can range from 4:30pm – 6:00pm, and Ending time can range from 7:00am – 8:30am.
Provide crisis intervention, immediate support, information, referral, and safety planning to victims/survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. This includes responding to hotline calls, addressing shelter needs, meeting in-person to assist someone file for a temporary Relief from Abuse Order (TRO), and supporting individuals at the local hospital.
Temporary Relief from Abuse Orders (TROs): This requires an understanding of court processes. After-hour TROs are filed at the Montpelier Police Station or Barre City Police Station.
Shelter: Provide supports for shelter residents and respond to light maintenance issues (for example, a smoke alarm is going off).
Hospital: Provide in-person supports to individuals at the central VT hospital, occasionally helping to file for a TRO from this location.
This position does require some travel, so you must have a valid license and running vehicle. It is also required that you are within 30 minutes of either Barre or Montpelier during your shift.
This is a part-time exempt position which provides a stipend, hourly rate, and mileage reimbursement. This position does not qualify for medical benefits or paid time off. Because this is a part-time position, regular attendance at staff meetings, and other related task force meetings, is not required. Reports to and receives supervision from the Co-Directors.
- Provide advocacy and support for victims/survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking
- Identify community resources and make appropriate referrals for needed services, provide information, options, and support
- Maintain strict confidentiality concerning all clients
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and respectfully with people of all socioeconomic, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
- Basic understanding of the systems and processes which victims/survivors of domestic violence are involved with
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and respect group decisions.
- Active listening skills
- Valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle
Please send us a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org