Current Job Opportunities:
Direct Services Coordinator
Do you want to help end violence in your community? Circle is currently hiring for a full-time
Direct Services Coordinator. This position will join Circle’s collaborative team in a well-
supported environment, and will provide services and supports to domestic violence
victim/survivors throughout Washington County VT. The Direct Services Coordinator position is
instrumental in ensuring that our confidential services are effective and victim/survivor-driven.
- Provide crisis intervention, immediate support, information, referral, shelter assessments,
legal information and safety planning via Circle’s hotline.
- Ensure that volunteers receive orientation, supervision, and meaningful service
- Organize monthly hotline schedule for staff and volunteers
- Coordinate hotline shift changes with staff, volunteers and answering service.
- Provide direct supports to victim/survivors and their children through in-person meetings
- Identify community resources and make appropriate referrals for needed services.
- Contribute to the preparation of all required grant reports and statistical data.
- Satisfactorily complete required training’s and ongoing professional development
opportunities including 20 hours of training to obtain Crisis worker privilege
- Ability to provide trauma informed approaches to working with victim/survivors and
- Understanding of domestic violence as one form of oppression that is interconnected to
racism, classism, heterosexism and ableism.
- Organization and ability to prioritize projects and crisis situations
- Basic understanding of the systems and processes which victims/survivors of domestic
violence are involved with
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and respectfully with people from a variety of
backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form
- Ability to develop and maintain strong community partnerships
- Ability to multitask in an empowering and demanding environment
- Willingness and ability to be on-call on scheduled weekends and evenings.
Please send a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15th